All bookings with Fresh Snowboarding are subject to and conditional upon the following conditions. Contracts are governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with English Law. Reference to Fresh Snowboarding hereinafter will be referred to as “Fresh”. Reference to the person making the booking, or person/s taking lessons/courses hereinafter will be referred to as “the client”.
- A booking is made with Fresh when the client makes a payment in part, in full or as a deposit; or when Fresh supplies an email with a booking reference number requesting the client to read Booking Conditions and upon agreement, make payment to Fresh.
- The client’s personal information/data will remain private & confidential by Fresh.
- Prices are correct at the time of booking. Prices may be subject to revision at any time, but do not affect the price given at the time of confirmed booking.
- Fresh reserve booking place for a maximum of 14 days from the date of invoice issue or payment request. To confirm bookings, please return payment within 14 days of receipt of invoice or payment request.
- Advance bookings require a non-refundable deposit of 50% at the time of booking with the remaining 50% due 6 weeks before the date of the first lesson booked.
- Contact of instruction is between the client and the instructor, whilst the contract of management of the booking is between Fresh Snowboarding and the client.
- Course places are not transferable to other people in the event of cancellation.
- Fresh instructors will wait no longer than 15 minutes for clients booked on private lessons, at the arranged meeting point, unless notified prior to this by the client.
- Fresh instructors will wait no longer than 5 minutes for clients booked on group courses, at the arranged meeting point, unless notified prior to this by the client.
- Group lessons/courses run with a minimum of 4 people. If there are less than 4 people, lessons will not be cancelled, however the amount of time will be reduced. The price will remain the same.
- All lessons, courses and services provided by Fresh must be paid for in full, in advance.
- All lessons/services are charged for in UK Stirling.
- Lessons are not confirmed until full payment received and a confirmation email sent.
- Lessons are to be paid by bank transfer, online payment, and credit or debit card. A 3% fee may be charged on all credit card payments. As a last resort, Fresh will accept payments by Paypal, in this case, a fee of 7% of the total booking amount will be charged to cover Paypal’s commission.
- Fresh reserves the right to cancel lessons for a number of reasons, in which case, the client will be offered the opportunity to re-schedule the lesson, a full refund or take credit.
- In the event of the client cancelling lessons/bookings, the following charges apply:
- More than 6 weeks notice = 20% loss of booking fee
- 6 to 2 weeks notice = 50% loss of booking fee
- 2 to 0 weeks notice = 100% loss of booking fees
- All cancellations must be confirmed via email.
- Refunds will not be given by Fresh in whole or in part for unused lessons due to injury, client late arrival, illness, accident, part closure of the resort and lift system due to weather conditions or mechanical failure; full closure of the resort and lift system, for any reason or cause outside the control of Fresh. It is essential that the client has Insurance to cover injury, risk of cancellation and/or curtailment as well as medical and repatriation. It is the clients’ responsibility to obtain and check that their insurance is in place before booking lessons, courses, coaching or instructor training with Fresh.
- Fresh can provide a letter to claim on insurance if this is justified for non-attendance for circumstances outside of the control of Fresh, see paragraph 18.
- No refunds or make-up of lessons if the client misses a lesson/s, or postponement due to lift failure, lift closure or poor weather. There may be unforeseen circumstances or conditions, which will force Fresh to postpone or cancel sessions.
- Client Insurance Policies should cover missed lessons due to lift failure, life closure or poor weather. Claims are to be made against the local lift company for lift failure, closure or personal private insurance provider. If Fresh is forced to cancel lessons due to staff illness or injury we will endeavour to re-schedule lessons or provide a refund on a pro-rata basis.
- Parents/Guardians/Carers/Adults in charge must make themselves known to the instructor teaching the said child at the time of drop off. It is the responsibility of the client to be on time to collect the child/children at the end of the lesson. To take into account the possibility of arriving late, please ensure that parents/Guardians/Carers/Adults arrive at the arranged meet point 15 minutes early. Failure to do so will result in a charge of the current private lesson hourly rate.
- Although this is a personal choice, we recommend all children wear helmets. Fresh reserves the right to ask a Parent/Guardian/Carer/Adult to take their child from the lesson if the child is inappropriately dressed, in ill health, or not at the correct level for the group. No refunds will be provided under these circumstances.
- Third parties. All third parties including accommodation providers, transfer companies or any other service providers or partners are subject to and conditional upon the third parties terms and conditions. Prices are correct at the time of booking. Third-party accommodation packages with transfers are conditional upon 6 people sharing the transfer. Fresh is not responsible for and will not be liable for any physical or financial hardship, which may be incurred due to third party liability, or whilst in the service of third party providers or partners, nor inability to attend Fresh Lesson/Course.
- Lift passes are obligatory and not included in lesson/course prices.
- Equipment is not included in lesson/course price. Clients are responsible for their own equipment and should arrive to the lesson with appropriate equipment/clothing.
- Clients are to respect the professional judgement of their instructor at all times.
- Fresh reserves the right to refuse access to lessons or remove the client from lessons/courses/services if:
- The client is found to exhibit behaviour, which is deemed to be inappropriate and/or detrimental to others in the group or Instructors.
- The client is found to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or addictive substances during course/lesson time.
- The client is inappropriately dressed, in ill health, or not at the correct level for the group.
- In the event of the client/student being refused tuition/coaching/instruction by Fresh due to the circumstances in the above paragraph, no funds will be refunded.
- Fresh is not responsible for and will not be liable for any physical or financial hardship, which may be incurred whilst involved with or in a Fresh Lesson/Course.
- Fresh does not insure clients/students. Fresh does not provide holiday, accident or recovery insurance.
- The client is obliged to insure themselves for third party liability, accident and medical insurance. Fresh recommends arranging an appropriate policy with a third party agent.
- Fresh declines all liability in case of an accident occurring whilst in the lesson/course.
- No funds/monies will be refunded by Fresh in the event of injury sustained either before, or whilst participating in lessons/courses, where injury leads to curtailment of the course; in this instance, it is necessary to make an insurance claim.
- The client agrees, that Fresh shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising whether in respect of death, bodily injury, illness suffered or loss, costs or damages or expenses incurred.
- Accuracy: All bookings are quoted and charged in sterling. We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, however, occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices, possible lesson times and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the travel arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
- Events beyond our control: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by Events Beyond Our Control. For the purpose of these Booking Conditions, this means any event beyond our or our suppliers control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination, global epidemics or pandemics, or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including any port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport, traffic congestion/restrictions and all similar events our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
- Brexit Implications: please note that certain travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports etc. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our students as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, any such changes would be treated as Events Beyond Our Control, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation.
- Disabilities and Medical Problems: We are not a specialist disabled ski / snowboard lesson company but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your lesson, please provide us with full details before your booking is confirmed so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in your chosen arrangements.
Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
Visa/Passport and Health Requirements: It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your lesson. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure. Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, visit https://www.gov.uk/travelaware.
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling,
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel to the lesson, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities
Law and Jurisdiction: These Booking Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise between us (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).
Foreign Office Advice: You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Events Beyond Our Control (see clause 41).
- The client agrees, Fresh shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising whether in respect of death, bodily injury, illness suffered or loss, costs or damages or expenses incurred.
- Anyone making a booking with Fresh is agreeing to abide by these aforementioned conditions.